This is how I moved my wordpress blog from fnode.com to nish.com
- Install wordpress on nish.com
- Went to fnode.com and copied the wp-content Directory and replaced it with the Directiory on nish.com (So all the theme, plug-in and the uploaded contents are all there…)
- Went to fnode.com and used phpMyAdmin to drum an .sql file of the database. (You may prefer .gz depending on the file size)
- Went to nish.com and used phpMyAdmin to drop all the tables on the wordpress database.
- Imported the backed up database from fnode.com
Ran the following SQL Queries…
UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = replace(option_value, 'http://www.fnode.com', 'http://www.nish.com') WHERE option_name = 'home' OR option_name = 'siteurl';<br /> UPDATE wp_posts SET guid = replace(guid, 'http://www.fnode.com','http://www.nish.com');<br /> UPDATE wp_posts SET post_content = replace(post_content, 'http://www.fnode.com', 'http://www.nish.com');<br />
That’s it, All set, now you can tweek the blog!